Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not much to report...

I’m getting used to the braces now…sometimes I don’t even notice they are there.  Particularly when I’m jogging or crafting – intense concentration on other activities seems to distract me from my mouth… Sometimes, though, it feels like they are bigger than the rest of me – particularly when talking or in any public situation.  

 

I think I’ve started clenching my teeth when I sleep…does anyone else do this?  I’m pretty sure I didn’t do it before, but my mouth feels kind of stiff when I wake up…  I hope that’s not going to cause a problem!

 

I haven’t noticed too much movement in these first two weeks.   Today it did seem like my front bottom teeth, while still crooked, were not as crowded as before – like there is enough room now for them to rotate without touching.  That’s got to be progress, right? :-#

 

I’ve been pretty good about eating – I’m now eating real chewable food for the most party.  I had chicken twice this past weekend with no issues.  Last night I attempted pork chops, but they were a no-go – I had to hand mine over to my husband to finish.  Thank god for mashed potatoes!  I did weaken in my soda resolve and sipped a Sprite last night.  I used a straw, so there was minimal tooth involvement –surely that can’t do too much damage.  I’m mucho paranoid about staining and bracket-glue weakening…  Having braces does make you think about your diet, though, doesn’t it?  Now, instead of debating caloric content or grams of fat, I’m thinking “Gee, is this really worth brushing my teeth for?”

 

I hope everyone else is having a great week!  Congrats to Stephanie for getting her lower brackets put on!  Whoo-hoo to progress!

2 comments:

nabukay said...

hi ananda good to hear that you are eating normal food again! i used to cleach my teeth as well but that was before. there was a time just before the xmas holidays and then it stopped on its own. but i have experienced it a few times. it seems to come and go...

stephanie said...

I completely understand about the braces feeling huge while talking -they have affected my speech much more than I would have thought!