Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Kissing with braces

Under 24 hours now, and I’m starting to freak out just a little…OK a lot!  Suddenly there are a lot of questions I feel haven’t been answered for me.  The big one at the moment?  How are braces going to affect my love life?  I know I won’t look the best, but are they actually going to affect my ability to make out with my husband?  I mean, gee, this is one of my favorite activities.  So, like every other question I think of, I googled it.  eHow had a good article – it was directed at the partner without braces kissing the one that does, so maybe I should pass it onto my husband… J  How to Kiss Someone With Braces says that kissing with braces can be tricky, but it can also be done “safely”.  Well, that’s reassuring. J  What’s not comforting is the suggestion that we wait A MONTH to kiss so that my teeth aren’t as sore.  Um, nope…don’t see that happening!

 

Anyone else have issues with their make-out sessions while wearing these things?

 

 

3 comments:

laura said...

I have no idea on this one, sorry =/

At least you have a husband! If he cuts himself on your braces it will help make him more sympathetic to your situation.

Mrs. Shanton said...

We did fine. He still loved kissing me and I him. It's an art. It's the awkwardness and discomfort of new braces that's getting to you. But that'll go away soon, and there will be times you won't realize you even have them on. On the other hand, your husband may feel a bit like he's gone back in time. How fun is THAT! Like he's making out with the hot chick from high school! Woo!

nabukay said...

no problems from my side so i don't think you have to worry. i tested mine and in fact put that incident on my blog. one of the guys that used to like me told me he likes kissing people with braces because they are careful...