Thursday, January 24, 2008

Left or Right?

A bit of trivia from ArchWired:  If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. Left-handed people tend to chew their food on their left side.

 

I am left-handed, for the most part (I write left handed, but I throw right-handed, no clue why…) and yes, indeed, I chew on my left side.  I just figured it was because my teeth meet better on that side!  I guess I’ll find out when all the teeth are straight and everything is where it’s supposed to be if this fun fact is actually true…

 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This proves I have to be difficult. I am right handed and always chew on my left side. You're right though, it will be interesting to see after the next surgery what happens beacause my teeth have never really met up on my right side.
I had to laugh when you said you think about whether what you eat is worth having to brush for. This is so true. Most nights after dinner, I'll brush and/or floss because things just feel gross, then before bed I'll be starving and I'll go to bed hungry because I don't want the hassle of having to do it all over again. I also used to drink soda or tea and now 95% of the time it's just water. I'm going to be in trouble when these braces come off, I'll have deprived myself for so long I'll indulge in everything!!

laura said...

I'm the same as Michelle. Right handed but always chew on the left because of teeth issues.

Sadly the "worth brushing for" thing wore off for me after a few weeks. Until then though, I lose about 7 lbs. Then Thanksgiving came along and ruined it. Now I only brush after meals, and swish after snacks.

laura said...

Argh! "lose" => "lost".

About teeth clenching - I think I do it more since getting braces, or at least it's more noticeable in the morning. My dentist says I'm a tooth grinder, but I wouldn't have known before braces. Now I sometimes catch myself clenching as I wake up.