Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the scoop on the goo

Stephanie asked for more info on Gishy Goo.  While no expert, I can at least link you to their website.   www.gishygoo.com J  I meant to take a picture of my stash but toss the empty syringe before thinking about it.  It’s basically a “flavored, thixotropic, polyvinyl siloxane silicone elastomer” that you squeeze out, roll between your fingers and gob onto your brackets.  It tastes really great and feels pretty darn good.  I don’t like the fact that it’s opaque and therefore highly visible when I smile or talk.  At least with wax, the person you’re talking to doesn’t necessarily know what they’re seeing! J  But comfort becomes far more important than style when your face is being shredded by brackets, am I right?

 

I have no clue where you get this stuff other than from the orthodontist.  It was the first time they’d offered it to me, so maybe it’s new?

 

I officially ran out of the goo last night, and am wax-free at the moment.  That’ll last until I need to eat or have to speak in a meeting at work.  I bought more wax, but am trying to see how long I can go without.  Back to the ortho tomorrow afternoon to get a verdict on the state of my teeth.

No comments: