Thursday, September 10, 2009

freak show

So, apparently I am just a freak of nature.  I saw the surgeon this morning (my xrays look great!) and he confirmed that it was highly unusual for anyone to get an infection like this.  That means I’m incredibly lucky right?  Maybe I should also play the lottery.  Ugh.  That would explain why Google wasn’t finding me very much information on “infected canker sores”.  Great.

 

However, 5 days into my course of antibiotics, my mouth does feel better, so that’s a plus.  I pulled off all my wax last night, brushed and rinsed really well  and carefully applied my night-time rubber bands (the first time in a week).  I did not, of course, remember to put on lip balm or anything, so my lips managed to stick themselves together during the night and when I unpeeled them this morning, I bled all over the sink.  Sorry, TMI.  The lip balm is now ON, permanently!  Hopefully this will all be even better by tomorrow night, when we go out to celebrate my birthday.  Because I would like more sushi, not soup, for dinner. J

 

No comments: