Thursday, September 24, 2009

The light! Can you see it?

The one at the end of this long orthodontic tunnel?  It's on!  I went in for my orthodontist appointment this afternoon.  There was no discussion of delays due to my infection.  The infection which has miraculously (finally) felt better the past two days...  Instead, the assistant snipped off my back wires, wrapped my front brackets in thinner wire, and showed me how to use my finishing elastics!  Yea!  She told me I'd wear them for 3 weeks at night, but Dr. Weber came over and told me two weeks.  So, I go back on the 5th of October, and then I'll probably have 2-3 more weeks after that and then I'm D-O-N-E. 

My ow-ies are not gone, but they don't hurt nearly as bad.  I haven't worn wax since Tuesday night (mostly because I ran out).  They did, however, get rubbed open and bled all over the poor lady's hands and instruments while she was trying to put the elastics on... oops.  Not that I could have controlled it, but I'm sure she was just as grossed out as I was.  Ew.  Dr. Weber had her take photos of the infected spots, so that they could compare them next time to see if it's not getting better.  He thinks I'm somehow getting them caught in my teeth/brackets, because they are not flat against my cheeks, but raised - and may have to be taken off...which sounds painful.  Hopefully not.

But nonetheless, almost done!  Almost done!  Almost done!  Yea!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you!! AHHH!!!!