Monday, September 21, 2009

possible delay

OK, I’m getting nervous about this.  My mouth is still not healing from whatever infection this is – the icky cankers are still there, despite a new medication.  I’m told this one takes a while to work, but it has been an entire week.  I ended up going in to see the orthodontist last Monday because I was still in a lot of pain, so they switched me to a different treatment.  Ooh, and gave me Gishy Goo, which I’ve never tried before, but is quite nice as an alternative to wax.  Gotta love anything bubble-gum flavored.  But still… this is going on 3 weeks now and I haven’t been able to floss much or wear my rubber bands…which undoubtedly means that I’m delaying my “release date”.  I am scheduled at the ortho this Thursday to get the last route of torturous rubber bands and stuff put on, but I’m guessing that Weber will push it off until I’m less swollen and pained.  Which means that everything gets pushed back.  Ugh.

 

I just can’t figure out what I did to cause this.  Surely it’s something I did or didn’t do…too many tomatoes?  Too little of one vitamin or another?  Who knows…

 

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh, goodness! Have you gone back to your doctor? What else could be causing this, I wonder? How terrible for you - what is Gishy Goo? I'm pretty curious :)

stephanie said...

oh, and PS. I can't IMAGINE it's something you did or didn't do - I mean, I've given myself rounds of canker sores from stuff like too much citrus or acid, but I've NEVER gotten anything even like that.