Sunday, September 6, 2009

go figure

Well, at least I'm not just paranoid, or overly wimpy. My fun little canker sores (both sides of my mouth, top and bottom) seem to be infected; I just came from the Urgent Care place up the street, where the doctor said "Wow!", tested me for yeast (ew) and prescribed a course of antibiotics for the next 10 days. I went from "normal wear-and-tear" spots that you get when your braces hit a new spot on your cheeks to horribly inflamed and white (ie pus-filled) sores that hurt so bad every time I move my mouth that I can hardly talk. Eating has not been fun, but fortunately for some reason, brushing doesn't hurt. My throat was feeling swollen yesterday, so we decided that it was bad enough to get checked out.

I don't get it - this has never happened before, so I don't know what I did differently this time to let them get all icky like this. :( Oh well, at least antibiotics will also clear up my skin, however temporarily!

The best thing (braces-wise) about having a pharmacist for a husband: homemade magic mouthwash...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Would you mind sharing your homemade magic mouthwash recipe?

Glad to hear that you are healing!

Ananda Devika said...

He used "40 ml children's allergy liquid (Benadryl generic), 40ml liquid antacid (Mylanta generic), and 2-5 ml Ambesol." The last ingredient varies by how strong you want it.

Shake it each time you use it - it's a suspension and needs to be mixed. Best to make smaller quantities as needed.