Friday, May 29, 2009

life on the liquid diet

I’ve had a lot of people at work ask me what I’ve been subsisting on the past few weeks…  While I started off with a lot of Slimfast and Ensure, I can only handle so much sweetness (and so much dairy).  I am also in love with Naked fruit smoothies, especially the Mango (which I can get in ½ gallon jugs) and the Strawberry-Banana…  Once again, that’s a lot of sweet.  Life got a whole lot better when I realized how well canned soups blend up – for Memorial Day “grilling out”, I pureed a can of Campbell’s Chunky Steak and Baked Potato soup – heavenly.  My favorite right now (it’s even today’s lunch) is the Chunky Chicken and Corn Chowder.  Oh, so good. J  I haven’t really been able to make myself do too much with protein powder or any other “healthy” (yet medicinal) products…I am super-duper picky and if I even get a bad thought about a food item, I can’t make myself eat it.   I still can’t eat applesauce 20 years after my mom crushed a pill into it for me to eat (I had a hard time swallowing pills) – it tasted so bad that I still get that horrified sensation just thinking about applesauce… 

 

I suppose the soup is also the reason that I haven’t lot THAT much weight. J  A good or bad thing, depending on your perspective.  I lost 10 pounds pretty rapidly, but I hit a plateau as I started dancing again and returned to work – the extra activity really spiked my appetite, so I’m eating a lot more. 

 

Did I mention the crazy dream I had a week or so ago?  I’ve been having a lot of weird dreams lately (even without the pain meds!)…  In this one, my bottom braces fell off.  I went to the ortho and they told me that I didn’t need them anymore and not to worry about it.  Then I go home and look in the mirror…and realize that only the wire fell out and I still have all the bottom brackets…and I now have 3 ROWS of bottom teeth, like some sort of alien.  And they’re still crooked.  Eek!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..and I thought it was just me having wierd dreams!