Tuesday, June 2, 2009

creepy feeling

Last night as I lay awake due to the rapid fire of nerves in my cheeks and chin, I wondered what it will feel like with the inside of my mouth wakes back up.  I didn’t realize that my palate and gums were numb until I put food in my mouth and noticed that I couldn’t feel it and didn’t know if I was trying to chew the food (a small piece of cheese in this case) or my cheek. J  Well, of course, no sooner do I have this thought that I learn how it will feel.  Like a spider crawling across the roof of my mouth!  Eek!  I guess the nerves there are rousing themselves now too…  Progress, yes…pleasant, no.

 

I became so fed up with the liquid diet yesterday that when I swung through Sonic to get a shake, I also grabbed some tator tots…which I then proceeded to break apart, flatten, and stuff into my mouth, only to push them around with my tongue until I could swallow them.  Oh, the salt was so good… J

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that same exact feeling around my chin last night! It creeped me out to. Felt like I had a bug crawling on my face and when I went to scratch my chin, nothing. So wierd!! But hey, at least it means the feeling is trying to return. :)

Anonymous said...

wow now you come to mention it, thats exactly how it feels on my chin too!

glad to hear you're on the soft foods now, don't know how you've coped for 4 weeks on the liquid diet!

sounds like you're doing really well, and you're dancing already! that's great :-)