Thursday, May 14, 2009

need advice from those who have been there before me...

Post-Surgery Pals - question:  I've been spitting a little bit of blood.  Not a lot, but I'm not sure where it's coming from and wondering if other people had the same issue after surgery.  I have my next appointment with Dr. Desa tomorrow and will bring it up with him, but my DH suggested I ask you all for advice. 
I'm thinking it's from my nose.  I'm pretty congested and figure it's the constant sniffling brought about my by Claritin D that's causing my nose to be extra dry.  And since my nose is still pretty swollen and numb, naturally it would drain into my throat instead of, well, coming out my nose. 

Today was the first day of near-normalcy.  I slept in, but have actually been up and at the computer most of the day, working on the Jr. League yearbook (I'm the editor this upcoming year).  It would be really nice to get it all done while on sick leave, but I'm guessing that I won't be all my reports in time...  Now I'm going to drive (first time all week) to the library and to the Jr. League retail store to make some deliveries.  And I'm thinking about getting a milkshake.  Despite the lack of hunger, everything I've had this week has been pretty darn healthy.  Time for something fun.  Then back home to to laundry, my half of the household chores (aren't I lucky - he does the kitchen and bathrooms, I vacuum and dust), and maybe sew something.  We did take a nice long walk with the dog last night (hour-plus) so maybe I'll try that again this evening...  Who knows...the driving alone will probably make me nap-ready before 4 p.m. :)

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Don't worry. It's totally normal. When you have upper jaw surgery, the sinuses get blood in them and then it comes out later. I had it trickle out after surgery for a day or two. Also, when they are doing surgery, quite a bit of blood goes down into your stomach, although I doubt this is the case with you right now. It's most likely from your sinuses. Congrats on the surgery. :)

Ananda Devika said...

Phew, thanks for letting me know. I'm a bit paranoid and I'm a hypochondriac by nature! :) Didn't feel like anything was actually wrong, but you know how the mind tends to come up with crazy ideas... :)