Friday, February 1, 2008

Uneven

Hmmm…when I run my tongue across my top front teeth, it feels like my right front-most tooth (I don’t know tooth names yet) is now sitting lower than the left.  I suppose it was probably sticking out farther in front before, so when they both started to move back, it would be lower…  It just feels weird.  I’m not complaining – any movement is progress and I know that my bite will probably get even more f-ed up in the months to come.  

 

One thing I wish I’d done before the braces is to have bleached my teeth.  They’ve never been very white – I am a reformed smoker and I love my coffee.  With the metal brackets, they just look BAD.  Sigh…  I am planning to do some heavy-duty whitening after this whole ordeal.  I’d always figured “what is the point?” since they are so crooked, but now all I can see is everyone else’s pearly whites.

 

Another sign of progress – I have a tiny bit of wire poking out of the back on the left side – I don’t think it is enough to go in for a trim, but it is enough to scratch my tongue up when I mess with it…which I’m trying not to do…unsuccessfully!  I’m going to have some BAD habits before this is over!

 

Have a good weekend, all!

2 comments:

nabukay said...

hi girl. i was out of action for a week and missed my ortho buddies. at least you meet people who know what the purpose of braces are. people have said all kind of things to me, but yeah be prepared for lots of inane comments. the good thing about pain and sores is that it means your braces are wroking so you just sit back and enjoy the ride (process)...:#

allison said...

I wish I had whitened my teeth before braces, and for the same reason -- I'm embarrassed to post pictures of my teeth on my blog! Honestly, girl? I think it has more to do with how you take the picture ;-)