Monday, February 18, 2008

Holiday-schmoliday

I’m at work today.  It’s technically a government holiday (President’s Day) and I normally get this day off since I would at a government facility.  But, I’m at work.  What the heck does this have to do with braces, you ask?  Well, in planning for a Mexican vacation this summer and the estimated time for recovery I’ll need for my jaw surgery, I’ve determined that I’m going to need more PTO and vacation days that I currently have saved up.  Soooo…I’m probably going to be at work for the remaining holidays this year, or at least as many of them as I can stomach.  My company is great in that if you don’t use the holiday on the designated day, you can save it for later.  And if I wanted to, I could work an extra hour each day for the rest of this pay period and add a second extra day to my PTO bank.  Hmmm…nah.

 

I thought it was hard to get up on regular Monday mornings…but trying to drag myself out of bed on a Monday that I’m not supposed to work was much harder! J  At least it’s nice and quiet in my office today…  

 

If I’d stayed home today, I could have caught up on some serious blog-reading time.  I’m such a slacker.  But blogs are now blocked from my work, so that favorite of lunchtime and coffee-break hobbies of mine is no more…  Hopefully I’ll get caught up soon – I’m dying to see what the rest of you are up too.  Oh, well – Happy President’s Day, y’all!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm banking similar hours at my work, although I did have off yesterday. I got very little done but, it felt good.
It stinks that we have to worry about time like that. Just another thing on our minds...