Tuesday, February 26, 2008

8 more days

Until my first official ortho appointment – I’m not counting the first trip in that resulting in clipping off the wires on both back bottom teeth.  THIS appointment will actually produce results!  I’m getting a new wire!  Woo-hoo!  (OK, I’m sure I’m the only one that finds that exciting).   In the mean time, my teeth have gone from perfectly happy to horribly sore over the past 3 or so days.  Today I had to use wax even, ‘because my cheeks are screaming bloody murder on both upper sides.  Eek.  Must be moving again. 

I’m going to see if we can establish any provisional timeline for my treatment while I’m at the ortho, based on my progress so far.  I didn’t bother asking at the bonding…  My dear husband keeps telling me that my teeth have shifted noticeably, but of course I just see the crooked teeth still.  

In other news, my Girl Scout cookies have not yet arrived, so I haven’t had a chance to experiment with those yet.  I will probably get them next Thursday after my appointment!  Figures, but that’s when I usually see the mom that I ordered them from, so it would only make sense…  Hopefully the new pain from the changed arch wire won’t kick in until the next day and I’ll be able to enjoy a couple of hours of cookie goodness.  

Ooh, I bought some new eye makeup the other day – some silvery gray shadow and a new “steel” eye pencil…and now my eyes match my teeth! :P  Great…

 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I get just as excited as you do... still. I feel like each appt. brings me that much closer.
I have been trying to be really good lately but, last night I devoured a half of a sleeve of thin mints. I just broke them into pieces and placed them in. Mmmmm. Those things are heavenly. I'm sure you'll get yours soon.
I still have 14 days till my next adjustment. I can't wait! Nothing like wishing my life away.
I'm still waiting to see some pictures:D