Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Mmm…you know what goes well with braces?  Corned beef!  And what doesn’t go well at all?  Raw cabbage!!!  A group of us from work went out for the traditional corned-beef-and-cabbage meal and were served, basically, a wedge of raw cabbage that had some beef broth poured over it.  (hehe – I’m glad I’m typing this, ‘cause braces or not, I can’t saw “beef broth” without tripping all over my tongue…).  It was not pleasant – I vainly attempted to chew through a chunk of cabbage, but no go.  Ick.  I wouldn’t have wanted to eat it even if I’d been physically able to! J  Fortunately the meal was also served with some well-cooked new potatoes and baby carrots – very braces friendly!

 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yuck, raw cabbage! BUT, did you have the girl scout cookies for dessert? Mmmm.

Hey, got a question. I put the countdown on my blog a while ago for my surgery countdown but, I have to have it way down at the bottom because I can't seem to figure out how to size it to fit on the side like you did. Can you give me some pointers? Thanks a bunch!

laura said...

Yuck, cabbage - what an awful food. I hope the Irish aren't horrified at being associated with it.

Ananda Devika said...

Michelle - I'm not sure I did anything special to size it...I'll look at it and let you know...