Monday, March 10, 2008

Glad that's not me!

Last Thursday I discovered something worse than being an adult in braces…getting married as an adult in braces!  I apologize to any of you that have had to experience this, but I just don’t think I could do it!  I met this girl with braces at the Young Professionals Summit I was helping at, and she told me she was getting married about 18 months into her 24 month treatment.  Eek.  Fortunately for her, the photographer told her he could photoshop the pictures… Phew!

 

Still sore today, but not as bad as the first day after the new wire…I’m chewing, kinda, and I’m not on an painkillers today.  I should be chomping on Girl Scout cookies within days… (can you tell that I’m obsessed?)  This time was definitely better than the first few days of braces, so I guess Nabukay was right – it just gets easier after each adjusment…god, I hope so!  The next few times should be a breeze…                                                                                                                        

1 comment:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oy, thank goodness for photo-shop. Don't know if it's the WORST thing....but who wants those memories forever entwined with what's supposed to be nothing but bliss :)

YAY Girl guide cookies! Have you broken down and tried smashing them into smaller pieces which could be sucked on?! That's committment!!