Friday, June 5, 2009

mmm...food

I had my 4 week checkup with Dr. Engel (Dr. Desa’s partner) on Wednesday and he told me to start leaving my rubber bands off during the day and to start incorporating soft foods in to my diet.  I wasn’t sure, so I thought I’d better wait…about 15 minutes or however long it took my to drive to the grocery store and order a slice of meatloaf and two big scoops of mashed potatoes and mac’ n’ cheese from the deli.  I ate it in my car in the parking lot, covering myself with towels and using the mirror on the visor for aim.  This was not because I was super starving, but because I didn’t have time to go home and eat before driving back across town for dance practice…  Got about half the meal down and thought it was best to stop so I didn’t hurt myself during rehearsal…but even though I wasn’t super-full, I also forgot what a number a drastic diet change can do on your digestive system…from 4 weeks of completely liquid diet to a big meal of meat and starches…the rumblings began!  Eek.  So, if you find yourself in this position, take my advice, and go slow! 

 

The nice thing was that eating only half the meal, I had leftover for work the next day.  Mmm… 

 

The bills have started rolling in.  My insurance has picked up 90% of the hospital bills, but have yet to approve the surgeon’s charges…hopefully we can get that resolved soon and without too much grief – I just don’t have that kind of change laying around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!!!!I can't wait to eat soft food! Great news for you!!