Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The ortho pity party

Join in the fun!

 

Why is it that you won’t even notice your braces for days on end (well, almost not notice them) and then you’ll wake up with huge sores on your cheeks that last for a week?  It’s like my brackets turned into razor blades overnight and sawed apart the inside of my face.  Ouch! 

 

My teeth must have moved a little bit.  I’m not actually seeing any visual progress as of late; it seems like it happened all at once in the beginning and has now slowed to a crawl.  I have an adjustment next Thursdays, so maybe the ortho will see something I don’t… 

 

Sorry to whine.  I’m just a little glum about the approach of my 6-month point – it feels like it’s been a year already and the end is nowhere in sight! 

 

Anyone want to join my pity party and add your complaints? C’mon, it’s fun! ;)

3 comments:

Dragon (Karen) said...

Sorry to read your brackets have been annoying your cheeks. I find rinsing with warm salt water fixes any tender spots and luckily I've not had brackets rub.

I hope your ortho appointment goes well and you're happy with it.

It can be frustrating when the work isn't obvious anymore, but most orthodontic work is about this, as alignment is mostly achieved quickly. Keep checking your bite, as this is a great indicator of movement.

All the best with your progress.

mc said...

Ah, but if you can't complain on your own blog, where can you complain!? ;-)

I second what Karen says about salt water.

mylene
www.chinderella.wordpress.com

Katherine (Kate) said...

I'll join the party!! SOOOO feel your pain with the surprise out-of-nowhere sores. After July long weekend I woke swollen like a balloon due to a hook deciding to causes grief. Salt water does help (and lots of wax 'till all healed...I've given up the' tough it out' thing)....I blame mine on excessive alcohol consumption drying out my mouth and the accompanying merriment.

Worth it :)