Monday, June 30, 2008

the braces go jogging

I was out jogging this weekend with my dog, and was passed by another runner.  As she went by I noticed her teeth and said “I like your braces!”  I swear, she shot me the dirtiest look!  Like she thought I was making fun of her or something!  Really, like a non-braced person would even say anything – or notice for that matter, right?  Only us tin-grins are looking for that sort of thing and would be brazen enough to shout at a total stranger. 

 

But while she was glaring at me, I just grinned really big so she could see my braces, too.  She softened and laughed.  We had a quick how-long-are-you-in-for convo and she continued on her way… 

2 comments:

nabukay said...

wow whenever i meet adults with braces we totally connect on another level! in your last post you said you inspired someone, its true we are giving people courage. i guess the lady meets lots of people who respond negatively. anyway keep your head up.

Rachel said...

I do the same thing anytime I see an adult in braces. We always end up talking about how much longer we have. Its pretty cool until the other person says that they only have two weeks left, then I feel the jealousy bug creep up.