Thursday, July 17, 2008

adjustment

I had an ortho appointment this morning.  They scheduled it for 7:30 a.m., which meant I got to “sleep in” until 7 (it’s within 2 miles of my house).  I’ve starting carpooling to work and have been leaving my house at 5:30 a.m. to get to work at 6.  Eek.  We did not carpool this week, but I’ve been attempting (poorly) to maintain the same schedule.  So far the earliest I’ve made it in to work was 7…  Not so good. 

But I digress.  Back to my appointment – Ortho Asst looked at my teeth and decided Dr. Weber needed to examine me in case he wanted to move a couple of brackets.  Seems my bottom front teeth are stalling and are still too crooked.  Not good.  After waiting for 20-25 minutes in the chair, fortunately with a good book, Dr. Weber approached and declared yes, they would move a bracket.  He first scraped my bottom teeth for a bit, to ensure that there was no extra composite stuck between them, hampering their movement. Then he removed the offending bracket, reglued it in a slightly different position, and sent me on my way.  At my next visit (about 8 weeks), they’ll give me a new (copper?) wire.  Hopefully I’ll have some progress before then… my bottoms do feel a little tighter already.  A little tingly even – a good sign. 

 

Dr. Weber also commented on my somewhat stained front teeth – probably due to coffee.  Oops.  I’ll brush harder, but I’m not giving up the morning joe – it’s too dangerous for all the other unaware drivers that share the morning commute with me! 

 

Hope everyone is doing well is The Land of Adult Orthodontia. 

 

1 comment:

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great your ortho appointment went well and here's to your progress being back on track.

I drink loads of tea and brush with colgate toothpaste with peroxide and baking soda. It removes (or dulls) recent staining, and does a great job with the tea stains. My ortho also recommended using listerine whitening before brushing with sensodyne whitening toothpaste at night ... both appear to be working well.

Remember that whitening products like mouthrinses and toothpastes, do not bleach teeth and therefore will not affect the exposed area of the teeth, other than to get the most recent staining off, so they remain the same colour as the area under the brackets.

I agree that it's good to continue with your drink of choice ... especially when you're concerned for others! :-)