Thursday, April 30, 2009

9 more days...

I had my pre-surgical visit with Dr. Desa, my surgeon yesterday.  We took photos, xrays, molds and impressions, and he walked me through the surgical procedures.  Next Thursday I will go to the hospital for a LeFort osteotomy to correct my maximiliar hyperplasic and a sagglital split osteotomy to correct my mandibular hypoplasia.  Big words = they're cutting my bones and moving them around.

Dr. D. went over all the risks involved and answered all of my questions - what should I eat or not eat (soft foods and liquid, but no restrictions like I had with my tonsillectomy), do I need syrings to eat (yes and they gave me a couple, will my nose move or change?  Dr. D. seems surprised by that last one -apparently no one ever asks, but yes, it will move a little, but he'll be careful.  He's also going to clean out my si

Earlier in the day, however, I got a frantic call from my boss's boss.  My paid medical leave from work had been denied!  Turns out that Dr. Desa's office had yet to send in their half of the paperwork and it was due last week...  I think we have that straightened out now - I sure hope so, 'cause my dear sweet husband was not thrilled about the idea of me NOT getting paid. Eek.  Me neither. 

No comments: