Monday, February 23, 2009

I've got a date!

May 7.  Whoo-hoo, coming right up.  Today I met with Dr Desa, my surgeon, to see if he agrees with Dr. Weber that I'm surgery-ready, and he does, so we picked a date.  Yea!

I was so looking forward to this consultation, and was in an optimistic mood about the whole thing...before I stopped by the library.  I had some time to kill before the appointment, so I stopped by my branch to pick up some books that were being held for me...and ran into one of the employees that just happens to be in my Managing Collections class.  I mentioned the surgery consultation and she said she had the same surgery last summer...and spent 5 days in the hospital...after losing a ton of blood.  Eek.  Good mood?  Gone!  But Dr. Desa assured me that the chances of this happening to me were slim and he'd never had that problem with any of his patients.  Phew.  But I could give blood at the Red Cross if I wanted to, to be on the safe side.  Ack! 

The good news about my surgery date is that Dr. Desa thought I'd be well enough by the 16th to sit through a class, so I can sign up for summer school!  (Who'da thunk I'd ever be excited about THAT?) :)

5 comments:

stephanie said...

WAHOOO! Congrats on the date :)

Aimee said...

Congrats on the date! You're about a week behind me. Mine is April 29th. I can't wait to get this over and done with.

laura said...

Yes!!! Congrats!!!

nabukay said...

hey wow we got our braces almost a month apart so i was thinking to myself that there should be something big happening for you...good for you my orthoblogger friend!

Stephanie said...

Congats on having a date, it will be here before you know it!