Thursday, September 11, 2008

mouthwash problems

So, earlier this year, in an attempt to buy an alcohol-free (and therefore less-stinging) mouth rinse, I purchased a big bottle of the Crest Pro Health stuff.  Naturally, being the total noncommittal type person that I am, I’ve used it like 6 times.  My DH, on the other hand, started working his way through the bottle a month or so ago.  He emailed me this week claiming that his bottom teeth have turned brown and that there have been numerous reports this year of this particular mouthwash causing stains.

 

Has anyone else had this issue?  I suppose if I’d used it like I was supposed to (oops), I might be having the same problem, but I also wonder if I’d have noticed because of the brackets…  Oh, well, back to good ol’ burns-like-fire Listerine for us!

 

2 comments:

nabukay said...

i use mouthwash made out of tea tree oil because listerine burns too much and have not experienced any problems. the taste takes some getting used to but at least its all naturtal products.

hypersem said...

yes! This just happened to me after using crest pro-health for under two weeks. My teeth have never looked gross, let alone this gross. I decided to use the product b/c walgreens offered it with a free rebate--turns out, I didn't even get that free rebate,either.

Bottom line: avoid crest pro-health products.