Monday, September 15, 2008

instant pain - just add new wire

Saturday morning, I turned on my trusty SonicCare toothbrush, ran it over my teeth, and OUCH!, hit a majorly sensitive tooth.  It was one of my front bottom teeth, and man, I could barely touch it.  By now, I should be used to such pain and not so concerned, but as usual, my brain had blocked out all previous painful experiences so this seemed horrible.  What if it was a cavity?  What if I’d injured the tooth?  Augh! 

Nope, it wasn’t so bad on Sunday and today is fine.  Must have just moved a bit.  Huh.

And of course, that tooth won’t bother me at all, now that I’ve got a new wire on the top teeth.  O.M.G.  The last new wire (bottom) didn’t bother me at all, even after they repositioned a bracket (which, come to think of it, was probably on the tooth that hurt on Saturday…hmmm…).  I got a new rectangle 18.5 wire on top this morning, and less than 3 hours later, it is making itself known.  Eek.

I go back in 4 weeks to have several more bottom brackets repositioned, or “repo’d” as the orthodontist’s assistant kept saying.  I was a little worried that they were going to take them back for nonpayment… J  The ortho was using big words like “gingial” and “mesial”…huh?  Oh, well.  Whatever does the trick! 

1 comment:

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great you have movement and here's to your uppers feeling good again soon.

All the best with your next adjustment ... it sounds like it'll be an interesting one!