Thursday, May 15, 2008

No pain, no...well, no pain

Wow, so far, nothing hurts.  Maybe it’s too early.  I had my 3rd official appointment at the ortho this morning at 8.  Only the bottom wire was replaced, moving me up to a 14.25.  There was some minor trouble getting the farthest back two doors shut, due to my incredibly small mouth, I’m sure, but other than that it was a pretty smooth appointment.  I ate a good breakfast – Camille’s Sidewalk Café “Original” breakfast wrap – eggs, bacon, cheese, and tomatoes in a jalapeño-cheddar tortilla….mmm – in anticipation of not being about to chew the rest of the day.  But, 4 hours later, nothing really hurts.  I’m almost disappointed!  :-# 

My next appointment is in 10 week, July 22, at which point Dr. Weber will probably move some brackets around – no new wires.  

 

Dr. Weber also gave me some “Opal Pix” – basically flat sticks for flossing.  (I think my enthusiasm to floss while the wire was off took him by surprise.  I’m flossing regularly, really I am.  But flossing takes FOREVER, so the chance to floss my entire bottom row in less than 30 seconds is THRILLING.  Ah, the sorry state of my life…)  Anyone else try these yet?  Good?  Bad?  Indifferent? 

 

The Tung Brush is going well.  I can’t say that I’m noticing a huge difference yet, ‘cause I’m a big tongue-brusher anyway.  The packaging warned that my tongue might “get sore and bleed”.  Eek.  That’s not really what you want to see on a dental care product…  Basically it’s just a toothbrush with a   round flat head.  The bristles are stiffer and shorter, for better scrubbing power, I guess.  I’ve been using it for 2 days, and last night my tongue DID bleed a little, so if you’re going to try this product, be prepared!  The package also claimed that it wouldn’t trigger my gag reflex, but that’s a joke! :-#   I will post again about my breath – we’ll see how much of a difference this makes over the long haul.  Grade so far:  B+

 

 

4 comments:

holski said...

Glad to hear your appointment went well. I've had my braces on for over a year now, and I haven't really experienced much pain since the first few adjustments. I hope the same happens for you!

I'm intrigued by these oral pix things you speak of! I am always looking for new stuff to try. Right now I use Glide Floss Threaders (I have to order them through my dentist's office as they are not sold in Nova Scotia). Let me know how the oral pix works for you... I might order some if you think they are any good!

nabukay said...

your tongue was bleeding and it only gets a B? no thanks.

stephanie said...

It bled?!? Uhh, I think I'm fine with braces breath.

And floss sticks? I have glide floss stuff that has a hardened end, so you don't have to do the threader yuckyness.

Anyway, hope your teeth are still pain-less :-#

Michelle said...

Well that sounds painful. I think I'll pass!
Glad your appointment went well, hopefully the pain stays at bay. I figure if things can move and not give you any pain... can't complain!