Monday, April 28, 2008

slacker

I’m being a blogging slacker.  Does anyone else just go through periods where they have a lot to say and periods where they just don’t?  I’m in one of those “quiet times”.  The Braces are fine.  I had a slight toothache yesterday in a tooth that has moved quite a bit, so I’m not too worried about it.  I feel like I have been eating a ton lately.  I’m not entirely sure if I’m eating more than normal, or if I’m just spending more time eating due to the careful-chewing factor.  Eating actually wears me out sometimes! 

 

I have a cleaning in two weeks and an adjustment a few days after that – I’ll get a new wire, I’m assuming.  I wish time were moving faster.  While I preach patience to everyone else, I really possess very little myself!  I just want this to be over!  I’ve gotten increasingly aware of people staring at me.  Since I don’t really notice The Braces as much – I can talk and eat without too much hassle – I forget they are there and then wonder why people are looking at me funny.  Then I remember!  Damn metal mouth!  Last week I attended an art tour and made the mistake of trying to socialize while snacking on chips and guacamole.  Everytime I took a bite, someone would try to talk to me.  Grrr…

 

I got a letter about my 10 year high school reunion.  I was planning on skipping it, mostly because of The Braces, but I’d kinda like to go.  I don’t get home very often, plus its during our County Fair, which my husband has never witnessed.  So, maybe I’ll suck it up and go.  I’ve done quite a bit with my life since high school – may as well go back and rub it in, huh? :-#

 

How is everyone else doing? 

 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been feeling the same way lately. There's very little going on. I also haveto say I'm right there with ya on the preaching of patience but possessing very little myself. I tell my husband all the time that I feel like I'm wishing my life away. I'll try and relax, AFTER these babies come off! Good hearing from you again though!

holski said...

I am also a blogging slacker right now. =) Everytime I sit down to start a new post, I draw a blank. I third the patience thing. I have a one track jaw sugery mind. It's pretty much all I think about these days... I wonder what it's going to feel like to NOT think about it every day.

Great to hear from you. Maybe just maybe I will write a post tonight!

nabukay said...

definately! sometimes weeks at a time pass and I have not posted anything but i think i check on my ortho buddies a few times a week. i think i spend more time on the internet than anything else and I'm trying to get out of it.

Katherine said...

I'm also in the same boat. Dental discomfort kinda comes and goes. I celebrated a friend's wedding over the weekend, and hung out with some friends from 8 years ago when I was newly engaged to my husband. It felt really strange to be in braces. When we all first met, I was in love, felt lovely, and everything was roses. Life has grown more complicated in the years since then. Strangely, I have no problem meeting strangers wearing braces, but when I am with old friends, I want to put my best foot forward.

Katherine (Kate) said...

Ditto, to preety much all of the above.....paticularly the occassional bout of slacking. I think it's normal just like the other highs & lows, busyness and quiet, of eveyday life.

HaHa! I've been pondering the same thoughts as a notice of my class' 10 year reunion just showed up...amazing how one piece of paper can be so exciting and fill you with dread at the same time :)

stephanie said...

I, too, have been slacking on the blogging. I think you should go to your reunion - braces and all.